Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chessie's Rides....My favorite shots! PT. 3

Here are a few more photos I like...just for you to view!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is me...at the pinnacle of Roan Mountain.  I always feel on top of the world when I ride...a photo like this is worth a 1000 words.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This shot is one that I hope helps the viewer understand a bit about being "behind the bars" and the views.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is from Cades Cove (Great Smoky Mountain Park). Perhaps my favorite shot from this day's ride.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Well...perhaps not my favorite. This park is so beautiful. Amazing shots all around you.


MAN IN THE MIRROR, GOD AHEAD

Here's another shot from Cades Cove...yeah it's hard to pic the "Best" one of the day!

THE FOREST IS COVERED IN BRIGHT COLORFUL FLOWERS

People will tell you, "Don't go to Cades Cove on your motorcycle."  I'm here to tell ya, if you go early enough, and on a weekday... riding though Cades Cove is very rewarding. You sure can't stop and grab photos like this while driving your car through the loop.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This has to be my all time favorite home.  It's on Flag Pond Road.  With Sam's Gap in the distance, and a grave yard up the hill.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is the deconstruction of the Iron bridge on Iron Bridge Road in Carter County, TN. I was sad to see this.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I love being able to stop and notice "the little things" when I ride.  Something you don't normally do when riding in a 4 wheeler....

I hiked a small portion of the Appalachian trail. This is the mountain top from Stony Creek and Shady Valley. LOVELY

A short hike from TN 97 is this wonderful sight.  I parked my bike and hiked the AP Trail a short distance. Next year, I want to hike farther. I'm thinking of joining the local hiking club.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here we are at Grandfather Mountain. Perhaps one day I will get off the bucks to actually walk into the park and out to the sight seeing platform...???? NAAAAA

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is a shot of the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virgina.  I'm down at the bottom of the gorge on an old iron bridge that crosses the New River...what a wonderful state WV is. I can't wait to do this again!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is Kanawa Falls in West Virgina.  I love that state for riding. What a grand time I had.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is a beautiful mill house in West Virgina.  Don't you agree about it's beauty?

I can go on forever...but it's best I don't! Did ya enjoy these shots? More to come!

0 comments: