Thursday, February 3, 2011

Too Cold For My Gear

There is an old Scandinavian saying I'm fond of. It goes, "There is no bad weather, just bad clothing." If anyone knows about less-than-ideal weather, it's the Scandinavians, so I take that proverb fairly seriously.

Anyway, it turns out that I have bad clothing. We've had some unusually cold weather here in the heart of flavor country. It's been well below freezing for the last couple of mornings.

If I actually owned thermal clothing, I'd be riding. But I don't, so I've been mooching rides to work from Lady Luck in her conveniently heated automobile.

I think this is the universe telling me to shut up about embracing discomfort.

At any rate, the clothes and gear I own just aren't warm enough to ride in this kind of weather. I've done it before, it sucks, and it's not worth the risk when all I'm doing is going to work.

Now if I were going somewhere awesome...

0 comments: