Friday, September 11, 2009

Rockaway Beach - 1977

.


1,2,3,4 ...

Chewing out a rhythm on my bubble gum
The sun is out and I want some.
Its not hard, not far to reach
We can hitch a ride
To rockaway beach.




I was 15 years old and my one and only favourite band were (...nd still are ) The Ramones.
Rockaway Beach was a dream for me, "one day i will go to surf at the Rockaway Beach"
Joey, Johnny, Deedee and Marky the Fabulous 4. They were the best Punk-rock band ever born in the U.S.A.
I remember many years later when i first came to NYC my first visit were for the CBGB and the Mudd Club. I saw twice the Ramones in Bordeaux and San Sebastian (Spain) and they're still the best concerts i ever saw.
A Perfecto, a pair of destroyed Levis jeans and burned white Keds and you were ready to go.
GABBA GABBA HEY ... (we accept you)

0 comments: